The Indiana Zeta chapter of Phi Delta Theta International Fraternity will turn 150 in 2018. Established at DePauw University (then Indiana Asbury College) in the winter of 1868 – decades before the first dormitory – the chapter has initiated more than 2,100 DePauw men. Members pledge Friendship, Sound Learning and Moral Rectitude.
The Chapter Today
We are consistently recognized as one of the finest chapters of Phi Delta Theta Internationally and Phi Delt is the most-awarded DePauw fraternity over the past three years. With over 100 men in the chapter, about 1 out of 10 DePauw men at Old Gold are Phis!
The Chapter House
The current chapter house at the campus’ main Anderson Street entrance was built in 1926. A new addition was built in 1962 and major renovations occurred in the late 80s. The Trustees of the House Corporation are in the midst of a $1.3 million dollar upgrade to life safety, structural soundness and comfort.